Good tomatoes make your meal memorable.
Whether it’s a lovely pasta sauce, a warming winter soup, or a spicy chili, the tomatoes you use will make or break the meal. Bland, tasteless tomatoes leave you scrambling to add spices and salt to make up for their ineptitude.
But when you’ve got really good, sweet, freshly picked, vine-ripened tomatoes that were grown with love and care, the richness of flavor permeates everything. Since my Italian heritage has blessed me with the skill of making delicious pasta sauces from scratch, I’ve tried more brands of canned tomatoes than you can imagine. Some are tasty and lend their flavor well to the other ingredients whereas others barely serve a purpose beyond adding the color red to the dish.
That’s why I want to introduce to you the jarred Organic Tomatoes from Jovial Foods. I first tried their tomatoes back in October and was highly impressed with the quality of these Italian-imported jems. There is literally nothing else in the jars mixed with the tomatoes… no salt, no herbs, nothing. Just tomatoes and tomato purée! Because of this, I almost never have to add any additional thickening agent (like tomato paste) to my recipes.
It constantly impresses me how great food tastes when it’s picked fresh. To see a beautiful montage of the tomato growing/processing story, CLICK HERE.
See, Jovial Foods takes great pride in it’s food and produces what lands on your table directly in Italy. They even sponsor some incredible foodie traveling tours in Italy with the likes of Gluten-Free Girl Shauna Ahern and The Chef, her husband Danny! Imagine spending a week in an 18-century villa in Tuscany with Shauna and Danny learning to cook gluten-free. Check out their upcoming Italian getaway HERE. OMG, how cool!
Okay, okay… back to the tomatoes! I love the tomatoes from Jovial Foods because they are:
- BPA-free since the tomatoes are jarred rather than canned
- they are processed at the farm on which they grow on the day they’re harvested
- rich in phytonutrients that promote good health and a well-functioning heart
- a very good source of vitamin C, especially when you’re trying to keep your sugar intake low
- the primary food source of Lycopene which helps prevent cancer
- the best-tasting jarred tomatoes on the market, in my opinion
And here’s a couple of recipes you can use them in:
So why aren’t you eating them? Now you can enjoy them too!!
Get this giveaway!
Tomatoes are wonderful for heart health… Happy February!
“Jovial Organic Tomatoes” giveaway includes 6 items:
2 18.3-oz jars of Organic Whole Tomatoes
2 18.3-oz jars of Organic Crushed Tomatoes
2 18.3-oz jars of Organic Diced Tomatoes
Here’s how to enter…
In order to be considered for the “Jovial Organic Tomatoes” giveaway, you must complete these 3 steps:
1. Leave a comment below sharing what you would do with the Jovial Organic Tomatoes!
2. Register for my monthly newsletter in the box here (if you’re already on the list, then you’re good to go!).
3. “Like” Gluten Free School on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gluten-Free-School/248602998493188 & share this giveaway on Facebook tagging Gluten Free School in the post so I can see that you’ve done it.
4. “Like” Jovial on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jovialfoods
Get 1 bonus point for each additional step:
1. Follow Gluten Free School on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/gfreeschool)
2. Tweet the following :: Enter to win @Jovialfoods #organic #glutenfree tomato giveaway at @gfreeschool https://www.glutenfreeschool.com/?p=1827
Thanks for entering and I look forward to picking this month’s winner! Contest ends Wednesday 2/13/13 at 4pm ET. To be eligible for this prize, you must live in the US.