I’ve been gluten-free for almost three weeks now! WOOT! Feeling pretty good. With weight training, bike riding, and good eating, I’ve steadily dropped a pound and a bit per week. I’ll be making some changes to my diet for weight loss purposes, so I expect that to accelerate. I’m definitely enjoying a LACK of stomach issues – cramps, bloat, and general ick. Thanks so much Jen for your encouragement and information in this area. It’s making life SO much better!
- 1/19/15 – “January” – TV nutrition expert on Natural Reboot on Z Living TV
- 9/10/14 – “How to Save Money Eating Gluten Free” – TV appearance on Power Your Life with Dr. Jo Anne White
- 5/7/14 – “All About Gluten Sensitivity” – TV appearance on the Dr. Rob Show
- 4/2014 – “Why the 80/20 Principle Doesn’t Work” – Panel Discussion at Paleo f(x) 2014
- 3/31/14 – The Savvy Gluten-Free Shopper – interview on GFree & Happy TV
- 12/2/13 – Gluten Warning Signs: The Next Epidemic? – on-camera appearance on the Dr. Oz Show (nationally syndicated TV show)
- 10/24/13 – Desserts that can Stop Sugar Cravings – on-camera appearance on the Dr. Oz Show (nationally syndicated TV show)
- 9/16/13 – Gluten-Free Sugar Cleanse – interview on GFree & Happy TV
- 5/13/13 – Sugar Detoxing – interview on GFree & Happy TV
On Camera Expert for Livestrong.com – Videos
Radio, Podcast & Print Coverage
- 5/9/2018 – How to Heal Eczema & Chronic Skin Rashes — JJ Virgin Podcast
- 4/6/2018 – Eczema, Psoriasis & Your Thyroid: Is There a Connection? — Hypothyroid Mom
- 3/28/2018 – How To Know If You Have Candida & What To Do About It — The Pat Flynn Show
- 3/8/2018 – Are Food Sensitivities Real? — The Pat Flynn Show
- 3/7/2018 – Top 100 Natural Food Blogs — Lost Empire Herbs
- 11/24/2017 – Gluten Free School — Learn True Health Podcast with Ashley James
- 11/10/2017 – Going Gluten Free Without Going Crazy — Dr. Ruscio Radio
- 10/31/2017 – Going Gluten-Free with Jennifer Fugo: Harder To Kill Radio — Stupid Easy Paleo
- 10/20/2017 – How Jennifer Fugo Takes 3 Vacations Per Year While Helping Women Conquer Gluten — Healthpreneur Podcast
- 8/20/2017 – Kick Gluten for Good — Mindful Mavericks Magazine
- 4/30/2017 – Episode 11 All About Gluten Free with Jennifer Fugo — Thyroid Answers Podcast
- 4/14/2017 – 50 Epic Tips for Getting Outside of Your Comfort Zone — Stupid Easy Paleo
- 1/30/2017 – 8 Warning Signs of Gluten Intolerance You Cannot Ignore — Cosmopolitan (Slovenia)
- 1/16/2017 – Top Health Influencers of 2017 — Pink Fortitude
- 1/6/2017 – 31 Best Health Podcasts — Academy of Culinary Nutrition
- 12/23/2017 – Vegn Eggnog Smoothie — Dr.JillCarnahan.com
- 8/17/2016 – Vivere Gluten Free – le notizie di agosto — La Repubblica
- 7/28/2016 – Jennifer Fugo: The Caller of Nutrition Bull$%!# — Rebel Health Tribe
- 6/22/16 – Helping Others Understand the Importance of Gluten-Free for Autoimmunity — Thyroid Nation Radio
- 6/3/16 – The Only 5 Things Standing In The Way Of Your Summer #FitGoals – Elite Daily
- 5/19/16 – “Best 25 Bloggers for Inspired Gluten-Free Living” – HealthListed.com
- 11/25/15 – “Gluten-Free Hacks” – guest on Authentic Wellness Radio with David White
- 10/15/15 – “Enacting an Elimination Diet: Tips for Patients & Clinicians” – guest on Dr. Kara Fitzgerald’s podcast
- 8/10/15 – “Certifiably Awesome: Jennifer Fugo of Gluten Free School” – honored at S.W. Basics of Brooklyn
- 12/17/14 – “How to Beat the Cold & Flu Naturally” – Guest post at Hypothyroid Mom
- 12/14/14 – “If You’re Gluten-Free, Don’t Pick Around the Gluten” – Article in Food Solutions Magazine (Dec 2014 issue)
- 10/29/14 – “The Savvy Gluten Free Shopper Guide” – Review + giveaway by Gluten Free Frenzie
- 10/22/14 – “Is Gluten Scary? Get the Facts!” – Google Hangout video interview with FemFusion Fitness
- 10/1/14 – “Get Savvy: Dining on a Budget” – Full page review + recipe in October 2013 issue of Gluten-Free Delight Magazine
- 9/4/14 – “How to be Your Own Gluten Free Health Advocate” – Podcast interview on Fat to Fit My Quest
- 9/4/14 – “Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Fries” – Recipe posted on GlutenFreeFind.com
- 8/30/14 – “5 Ways to Save Money on a Gluten Free Diet” – interview with NBC Channel 2 Tulsa
- 8/24/14 – “How to Save Money Eating Healthy Real Food” – interview on Essentials of Healthy Living Radio Show
- 8/21/14 – “Gluten: Why hypothyroidism patients often fail to get better” – podcast replay onHypothyroid Mom
- 8/14/14 – “Against the Grain: Gluten-Free Living” – mentioned in Independent RI News
- 8/13/14 – “Gluten-Free: How To” – Podcast inteview with Dr. Kelly Brogan on Fearless Parent Radio
- 8/5/14 – “How to Save Money Going Gluten Free” – Podcast interview on PaleoHacks
- 7/30/14 – “3 women + resources that inspire me to eat better, live happier and stop wasting money on groceries – Book Review on Healthful Pursuit
- 7/18/14 – “5 Ways to Save Money on a Gluten Free Diet” – Interview with Yahoo! News Finance
- 7/18/14 – “5 Ways to Save Money on a Gluten Free Diet” – Interview with Credit.com
- 7/18/14 – “How To Be A Savvy Gluten Free Shopper” – Interview on The Healthitarians Podcast
- 7/10/14 – “Living Without’s Favorite Books: Simple Shortcuts” – Book review in Living Without’s Gluten Free & More magazine Aug/Sept 2014 issue
- 7/10/14 – “Loving Your Gluten-Free Life” – Eat Great, Live Well with Johnell McCauley podcast
- 7/3/14 – “Your Guide To An Affordable Gluten-Free Diet” – Interview on Fat to Fit My Questpodcast
- 6/25/14 – “Dr. Hyman’s Top 12 Facebook Pages” – Made #8 on the list on Dr. Mark Hyman‘s site
- 6/25/14 – “5 Tips to Keep Your Gluten-Free Customers Coming Back” – Guest post on NewHope 360
- 6/23/14 – “How to Save Money and Still Eat Healthy” – Interview on SCD Lifestyle Podcast
- 6/20/14 – “The Savvy Gluten-Free Shopper” – Book review and giveaway by Jess Reiche
- 6/5/14 – “How to Eat Healthy Without Going Broke” – Guest post in the JJ Virgin LeanZine
- 6/3/14 – “Dishing on Eating Gluten Free & How to Save Money Doing It” – Interview onPraiseworks Radio
- 6/1/14 – Landed the cover of Gluten Free Health Magazine– June 2014 issue of Gluten Free Health magazine
- 5/28/14 – “Gluten Free Haters Have it All Wrong” – Quoted on Philadelphia Magazine Blog
- 5/22/14 – “Celiac Awareness Month Day 22: Celebrating Gluten-Free Authors” – Author highlight on Celiac and the Beast
- 5/03/14 – “The Savvy Gluten-Free Shopper” – Interview onThe Good Doctors / Health Podcast
- 5/01/14 – “Turning Lemons to Lemonade” – Interview on The GFree Radio Show (starts at 15:13)
- 4/22/14 – “Saving Money Shopping Gluten-Free” – Interviewed on the Rebooted Body Podcast
- 4/21/14 – “Research Shows Link between NSAID Use and Gut Disease” – Mentioned by The Daily Beast
- 4/21/14 – “How to Reduce the Cost of the Gluten-Free Diet” – Interviewed on Full Potential Parenting Radio
- 4/17/14 – “Six Degrees of Jennifer Fugo” – Profiled + shared Recipe by Ricki Heller
- 4/16/14 – “Gluten Free School with Jennifer Fugo” – Interviewed on Dr. Lo Radio
- 4/9/14 – “Wellness Tool Box Book Review of The Savvy GF Shopper” – Book Review by Mindful Peace Om
- 4/9/14 – “Jennifer Fugo of Gluten Free School talks Gluten Free Shopping” – Interviewed byBFit&Live Podcast
- 4/3/14 – “The Savvy GF Shopper” included in the Hot Products for April 2014 – Book Review by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness
- 4/2/14 – Interview with Jennifer Fugo, Author of The Savvy Gluten-Free Shopper – profiled atConstantlyVaried.com
- 4/1/14 – Area native publishes Gluten-Free Guide – profiled in The Reporter Newspaper
- 3/27/14 – Gluten-Free Blogger Spotlight on Jennifer Fugo – profiled on Delight Gluten-Free Magazine
- 3/21/14 – Interview with Jennifer Fugo – profiled on SincerelyCaroline.com
- 3/20/14 – How to Eat Gluten-Free on a Budget – guest on Live to 110 Podcast
- 3/19/14 – Two Foods that may Sabotage your Brain – mentioned on Kelly Brogan, MD
- 3/13/14 – Jennifer Fugo publishes a Guide to Gluten-Free Eating – profiled on Montgomery News
- 2/17/14 – Butternut Squash Chili & Red Lentil Soup Recipes – featured in Wellness Woman 40 & Beyond Magazine (Feb/March 2014 issue)
- 2/11/14 – Can You Go Gluten-Free Without Hurting Your Finances? – quoted onMainStreet.com
- 1/29/14 – “Unrestricted”: Is the Gluten-Free Diet too Restrictive? – interview on Finding Our Hunger podcast
- 12/13/13 – 3 Dietary Changes to Make Before Starting an Anti-Depressant – mentioned onPrimalDocs.com
- 11/25/13 – This is Your Body (and Brain) on Gluten – mentioned on Green Med Info
- 11/12/13 – 3 Dietary Changes to Make Before Starting an Anti-Depressant – mentioned onHuffington Post
- 11/9/13 – This is Your Body (and Brain) on Gluten – mentioned on The Healthy Home Economist
- 11/9/13 – Go Gluten-Free, Fix Your Brain – mentioned on Kelly Brogan, MD
- 10/21/13 – Whipped Berry Parfait Recipe – featured on DoctorOz.com
- 10/7/13 – 15 Unexpected Foods that Contain Gluten – quoted on Livestrong.com
- 9/19/13 – All About Being Gluten-Free – interview on Real Talk with Lee Blog Talk Radio
- 9/16/13 – What do the New Gluten-Free Labeling Standards Mean – quoted at Healthy Bitch Daily
- 9/12/13 – Gluten-Free Success Recipes for Business – interviewed at Soulful Purpose Company
- 9/10/13 – Jennifer Fugo & Gluten Free School profiled at Gluten-Free Frenzy.com
- 9/8/13 – Do you have a Sugar Crush? – interviewed on the Gluten Free Magazine Podcast
- 8/27/13 – Hidden Sources of Gluten – interviewed on The Myers Way Podcast with Dr. Amy Myers
- 8/16/13 – How to go Gluten-Free the Right Way – interviewed on The Rebooted Body Podcast
- 7/14/13 – Gluten Free Jennifer Fugo on One Wonders Interview – CNN iReport
- 6/22/13 – Jennifer Fugo Helps People Embrace a Gluten-Free Lifestyle – profiled on Integrative Nutrition
- 6/3/13 – Book Fix: 18 Health & Fitness Books for your Summer Reading List – quoted on Be Well Philly
- 5/23/13 – 6 Tips for a Gluten-Free Lifestyle – quoted at Good Greens blog
- 5/21/13 – Gluten Free School Podcast Introductory Episode 001
- 1/16/13 – A New Year: A New Cleansing Giveaway – featured on Easyeats.com (Magazine)
- 1/1/13 – 9 Healthy Ways to Lose Weight for Good – featured in Delicious Living Magazine
- 11/14/12 – Gluten Grief – quoted in Liberty City Press
- 9/17/12 – Sugar-Free Sweet Giveaway – featured on Easyeats.com (Magazine)
- 9/1/12 – Best of Be Well Philly – Gluten-Free Expert Pick in Philadelphia Magazine (Sept. 2012 supplement, pg. 10)
- 8/3/12 – Coconut Water Fruit Popsicles – recipe highlight at The Wandering Coconut blog
- 7/16/12 – Jennifer Fugo shares her Story – Q & A at RockaHealthyLifestyle.com
- 5/17/12 – Would you base your Wedding-Day Menu on your Dietary Restrictions? – quoted in‘Be Well Philly’ Magazine Blog
- 5/11/12 – Here Comes the Bride… and her Dietary Restrictions – interviewed on CNN
- 5/8/12 – Interview on iFitFamily Radio with Laura London about the Gluten-Free Diet & Sugar Addiction
- 5/1/12 – Philly’s Best Salads – quoted in ‘Be Well Philly’ Magazine Blog
- 5/1/12 – A Naturally Sweet Giveaway – featured on Easyeats.com (Magazine)
- 4/26/12 – Plymouth Meeting Health Coach to Speak at Celiac Awareness Tour – Colonial News
- 4/25/12 – How Celiac Sufferers can eat Gluten-Free – interview with Times Herald
- 4/10/12 – Gluten-Free Diets are not good Weight-Loss Plans – interview @ ‘Be Well Philly ‘Magazine Blog
- 2/23/12 – Spotlight on Gluten Free School – profile on Yoganonymous.com
- 2/21/12 – The Sugar Straits – Dayton City Paper
- 2/14/12 – Do You Have a Gluten Intolerance? – Yahoo Health & Living News
- 2/14/12 – Hold the Gluten – Healthy Bitch Daily
- 2/7/12 – Healthy Eating: Office Tips #1 – interview @ Nibmor Chocolate Blog
- 2/6/12 – TO DO: Gluten-Free, Healthy Cooking Workshop in Plymouth Meeting – Be Well PhillyBlog
- 2/2/12 – Addicted to sugar? Blame your gluten-free diet. – interview @ Rich & Gluten Free
- 1/6/12 – 5Q Friday with Jennifer Fugo of Gluten Free School – interview @ Six Months Off
- 11/17/11 – Living Gluten Free – Radio Interview with Lynnis @ Praiseworks
- 10/19/11 – The Truth Behind Gluten – Find Your Calm blog with Mary Jane Frisbee
- 9/13/11 – 55 Ways to Enjoy Your Gluten Free Diet – Gluten Free School is listed as one of THE places to get your GF education! (Integrative Nutrition)
- 9/7/11 – Plymouth Woman Spreads the Word about Healthy Eating – interview in Colonial Newspaper
- 3/3/11 – Building the Foundation for Healthy Relationships with Food – Main Line Parent
- 2/21/11 – Jennifer Fugo Reveals Secrets of Detoxing interview in Colonial Newspaper
- 11/22/10 – Allergy-Safe Thanksgiving for All: Catering to Food Allergies & Sensitivities– eHowinterview
- 11/1/10 – Wheat Loss & Gluten-Free Gurus – Philadelphia Magazine (Nov. 2010 issue, pg. 36)
- 10/13/10 – What’s Pasta Without a Little Sauce? – Recipe Contributor in Times Herald
- 10/13/10 – October is National Pasta Month – interview in Times Herald
Press & Media Enquiries
About Jennifer Fugo
Jennifer Fugo, MS, CHC is a functional clinical nutritionist and the founder of Gluten Free School where gluten-sensitive women discover simple, savvy and empowering steps to get back to feeling healthy.
Named a “Gluten Free Guru” by Philadelphia Magazine, she created the “Gluten-Free Sugar Cleanse” to empowers gluten-free women to practically kick sugar to improve digestion, energy and brain function, clear up skin issues, and even lose weight and inflammation.
Jennifer is a sought-after expert who has been featured on Doctor Oz, Yahoo! News, eHow, CNN, Paleo Magazine, Livestrong, Cosmopolitan, Food Solutions Magazine, Huffington Post, and Philadelphia Magazine. (Click HERE to see where she pops up in the press!)
She hosts the popular “Gluten Free School Podcast” to share eye-opening health information vital to living a gluten-free life. Her first book, “The Savvy Gluten-Free Shopper: How to Eat Healthy without Breaking the Bank” is now available.
Jennifer’s Personal Story
Unable to wake up in the morning (even after 9 hours of sleep), Jennifer felt exhausted all dayand popped Tylenol trying to manage constant headaches. Her digestive system was a mess (think constant gas, bloating, diarrhea and constipation) and she’d gained almost 20 lbsdespite hitting the gym four times a week.
In early 2008, Jennifer received news that changed her life- what she was eating was making her sick! Gluten, casein (found in dairy), and eggs were a big part of the problem. She spent the next year navigating through the vast obstacle course of conflicting information and confusing advice in order to successfully master her eating. Now she’s got a great social life, cooks confidently, and travels freely.
In the process of eliminating these foods, she lost nearly 20 lbs of inflammation weight, calmed her digestive system, cleared up her skin, and triumphed over the headaches. Plus, she readily acknowledges to feeling energized all day without any caffeine. Her journey is one that she now shares with others to get them on track and feeling their best!
As Seen On
Guest Posts & Published Articles
- 2/1/15 – Healthy, No-Cook Chocolate Cream Dessert in Under 5 Minutes – article in BossFit Magazine
- 12/1/14 – How to Pick a Practical Gift to Help Someone Get Healthy – article in BossFit Magazine
- 10/1/14 – How to Recharge Without Missing Out on Life – article in BossFit Magazine
- 9/1/14 – 10 Hacks to Efficient Cooking – article in BossFit Magazine
- 8/1/14 – Seven Steps to Say Bye-Bye to Gluten – article in BossFit Magazine
- 7/1/14 – Why a Kiss Can Make You Sick – article in BossFit Magazine
- 6/1/14 – How Anti-Aging if Your Gluten-Free Diet? – article in Gluten Free Health Magazine
- 6/1/14 – How to Grill without getting Glutened – article in BossFit Magazine
- 5/1/14 – Why Lemons are a Must-Have Kitchen Staple – article in BossFit Magazine
- 4/1/14 – How to Travel by Plane with Food Sensitivities – article in BossFit Magazine
- 3/1/14 – Gluten-Free Means Fiercely Taking Care of Yourself – article in BossFit Magazine
- 2/27/14 – Gluten-Free Sugar Addict – article in Paleo Magazine
- 2/20/14 – How to go Gluten & Dairy-Free – guest article on Philly Area Yoga.com
- 2/4/14 – 5 Ways Your Gluten-Free Diet May Be Bad for Your Heart – article in Healthy Recipes Magazine
- 2/1/14 – How to Stop Cheating on a Gluten-Free Diet – article in BossFit Magazine
- 12/13/13 – 10 Tips to Make the Paleo Diet Fit Your Busy Life – guest blog at Hail Merry
- 9/27/13 – Is Sugar Addiction Your Dirty, Gluten-Free Secret? – OpEd article on Bella Life
- 9/25/13 – Why Eating Gluten-Free Has Become One Big, Fat Joke – OpEd article on Be Well Philly
- 9/18/13 – The Truth About Soy for a Gluten-Free Diet – article posted on GlutenFreeWork.com
- 9/9/13 – Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Fries Recipe – guest post at PrettyLittleCeliac.com
- 9/9/13 – Fatigue: The Gluten-Adrenal Connection – article posted on GlutenFreeWork.com
- 8/5/13 – How to Avoid Hormone Hell – guest post at Delicious Alternatives
- 6/28/13 – How to Grill without Getting Glutened – article in June 2013 issue of GF Magazine
- 5/28/13 – Keeping Gluten-Free Simple – guest post at RockaHealthyLifestyle.com
- 5/10/13 – How do you Deal with Craving Gluten – article in May 2013 issue of GF Magazine
- 4/10/13 – How to eat Gluten-Free without Breaking the Bank – article in April 2013 issue of GF Magazine
- 2/16/13 – Liquid Gold – article in Feb 2013 issue of GF Magazine
- 1/22/13 – Are Mushrooms Gluten-Free – guest post at RockaHealthyLifestyle.com
- 11/27/12 – The Big Coconut Water Lie – article in Winter issue of GF Magazine
- 9/16/12 – Welcome to Gluten-Free Sugar Addicts Anonymous – guest post on Rudi’s GF BakeryBlog
- 7/27/12 – Ten Tips to Becoming a Smarter Gluten-Free Cook – article in GF Magazine
- 5/31/12 – Gluten 101 – What is it? – guest post on the Purely Elizabeth blog
- 3/25/12 – Sugar’s Sneaky Addiction – article on Easyeats.com (Magazine)
- 3/25/12 – Are You a Gluten Free Sugar Addict? – article on Yoganonymous.com
- 9/1/11 – Gluten Free Dining Tips (It’s More Than Just Calling Ahead) – National Foundation for Celiac Awareness Blog Contributor
- 7/7/11 – Five Tips for Healthy Gluten-Free Summer Smoothies – National Foundation for Celiac Awareness 7/11 Newsletter Contributor
- 6/3/11 – How to Find Healthier Gluten-Free Products – National Foundation for Celiac Awareness 6/11 Newsletter Contributor
- 2/28/11 – How Gluten-Free Affects the Family – Guest Author at Rudi’s GF Bakery‘s Blog
- 10/27/10 – How Food Sensitivities can Affect more than just your Digestion – Guest Blogger (Live Well Holistic Health Center)
- 2/24/11 – Cooking up a Cure – Short Film (BeamanGarcia Productions)
I simply FEEL better in a way I never would have expected, lost weight and feel less bloated. Since going gluten-free, I have discovered what it feels like to have lasting energy throughout the day! I’ve decreased my uncomfortable digestive problems and increased my alertness at work. I simply FEEL better in a way I never would have expected, lost weight and feel less bloated. At first, I thought gluten-free was simply a fad diet that I would never be able to maintain, but with Jennifer’s help, I have discovered how easy a gluten-free lifestyle can be and how essential an anti-inflammatory diet can be to both my short and long term health.
I would highly recommend Jennifer’s services as she’s wonderfully compassionate, easy to work with & extremely knowledgeable about a variety of health topics beyond those relating to a gluten-free diet. I felt at-ease and completely trusting when speaking with her about sensitive (and sometimes personal) health issues. By working with her, I was better able to understand what gluten is, how if effects me individually, and what steps I can take to incorporate a gluten-free diet into my somewhat hectic lifestyle. All in all, Jennifer’s advice is priceless!
Jennifer is THE person to turn to offering a wealth of knowledge on your healthy gluten free journey. When switching to a gluten free diet, it is crucial to have the help of an expert. Jennifer is THE person you want to turn to. She offers a wealth of knowledge to help guide you on your healthy gluten free journey. At Purely Elizabeth, all of our products our certified gluten free and we love turning to Jennifer to offer tips and recipes to our customers.
If you are looking for an integrated approach to nutrition, Jennifer is the right fit! Jennifer came along at the right time in my life. We focused on creating an eating plan that fit into my schedule that was not overwhelming. I learned how to prepare foods to provide the right energy at the right times, whether I am recovering from a workout or preparing a meal mid-week.
I definitely received the support and encouragement I needed to experiment more in the kitchen, and ‘play’ with my desires to remove dairy and gluten from my diet. Plus, I experimented with and tried more fruits and vegetables than I had in 10 years!
I was instructed by my doctors to become gluten free… I was totally lost! Jennifer Fugo truly IS the gluten-free guru! At NibMor, we do everything gluten free so that consumers with this sensitivity can enjoy our product. Making our product lines gluten free was a no brainer for us, even though no one at the company was gluten free at the time.
Recently due to a health concern, I was instructed by my doctors to become gluten free to reduce inflammation and speed up the healing process. Other than my own product, I was totally lost!
Jen happily provided me with a wealth of information (believe it or not- just cause it says gluten free does not mean you can eat a boat load of it!). She gave me the tools I needed to start my journey and I am eternally grateful. Though I still have so much to learn for myself and my company, Jennifer Fugo is the expert I look to for all my gluten free know-how. Thanks, Jen, for a job well done and your willingness to provide information and resources to companies and each individual you deal with daily.
The perfect marriage between nutritional coaching and chatting with your best friend. Jennifer’s way of teaching people about eating healthfully is the perfect marriage between nutritional coaching and chatting with your best friend. Her down-to-earth personality and willingness to share her personal health hurdles makes changing the way you think about food feel like you have a true comrade along for the ride.
Jennifer’s book is one of the most thorough and informative guides to gluten-free shopping I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading! Not only does she include tips for stocking your kitchen, saving money at the store and information about essential kitchen tools, but she also dishes out ideas for storing food (container options, freezing vegetables, etc.) and planning meals. Plus, the recipes included are delicious and doable for even the most “un-cooks” out there! Creamy asparagus soup, spicy sweet potato wedges, quick apple crisp — sign me up! This book is an absolute must for anyone who is seeking a more delicious, well-planned and budget-friendly gluten-free lifestyle!
I’ve been living gluten free for over 4 years and still learned a ton from this book! It really breaks down why the diet can be so expensive and what you need to know in order to eat a healthy diet without spending so much extra money. The sections that detail how to prepare foods and veggies for storing and freezing is something I’ll refer back to again and again. I waste so much less food now that I follow these methods and my freezer is always stocked with healthy foods I can eat. But my favorite part is the meal planning and recipes that are provided. I know from experience that when you don’t plan ahead, you are more likely to grab expensive, unhealthy “gluten-free” convenience foods. Having step by step instructions on how to plan meals, with recipes to go along with it means I’m prepared and the food experience is less overwhelming and more enjoyable. You have to try the Baked Mediterranean Eggs, Brown Rice Porridge and Red Lentil Soup, those have become regulars for us now. Overall this is a very useful book, even if you don’t eat Gluten Free.
This book has been a wonderful help for me. Many nights I struggle with what’s for dinner am too tired to begin to figure out what to cook. My favorite part of the book is the help with meal planning for the week! My week has run so much smoother now that I have things planned and am only cooking 2-3 times a week! The recipes in the book are wonderful and I’m not even tempted by the GF convenience foods that I was coming to rely heavily upon. Finally I feel sanity creeping back into my life. Thank you Jennifer!
The Savvy Gluten-Free Shopper is a great tool to help people stay compliant to their diet. Compliance is a big issue for my clients because of time and cost. This book is a practical, no-nonsense way to approach buying, storing and cooking food that highlights many of simple ways to reduce how much you spend at the grocery store.
Eating healthy seems to be such an expensive lifestyle and Jennifer’s book is fantastic in showing affordable ways to do so. She provides so many options and tips for which foods to purchase, storage options, how to cook everything, and also delicious recipes. Whether you need to eat gluten-free or are just trying to adopt a healthier diet, The Savvy Gluten-Free Shopper is a must read!
This book has it all…it’s stockpiled with up-to-date nutritional information on healthy eating. It is extremely well written, easy to read,and even enjoyable to read! And offers so much more than recipes and information most of us already know about eating gluten-free. At this time in my life, I do not have a health issue that requires me to eat gluten-free, but I am aware of how much healthier it is. So, I am choosing to live more cleanly, and the information in this book allows me to access many choices. It also offers many tips and tricks that are simple and cost-effective. And I’ve tried a number of the recipes included in the book, and to my surprise and delight, they are not only easy and quick to prepare, but delicious and affordable as well,
Jennifer lays it all out for all of us in this book. This is extremely helpful for folks who don’t know a thing about storing food or cooking or who are new to gluten free and want to learn about the different grains and products out there. It’s also helpful for those of us who do know how to cook but need to learn more. I always have some vegetable that goes bad because I don’t store it properly so it’s really cool to learn how to do all that. Plus the recipes are helpful in creating your own meal plan (which she talks about as well). She isn’t all judge-y about eating organic only and understands that not everyone can afford it. She has many tips spread out throughout the book from bargaining shopping to meal planning. This book is definitely worth the read (and the money). By the way, the companion guide (free; info inside the book) that you can download with this book is so freaking helpful as well. Love this book!
Jennifer has packed so much amazing and helpful information into her book. She gives great tips on healthy eating and saving money doing it. The Easy Guacamole is so delicious, you won’t be able to stop eating it and the Roasted Brussels Sprouts are the perfect side dish! I can’t wait to try more of her recipes! If you want some sound advice and great information about living gluten-free then you need to order this book immediately.
Awesome book… Jennifer is very sweet and knowledgeable… her website is also great too… and wonderful person to speak with.. a lifesaver… would love to take her cooking class
As a Registered Nurse and Holistic Lifestyle & Wellness Coach I am thrilled to recommend Jennifer Hugo’s book to my clients. I personally must be gluten-free due to three autoimmune diseases including Celiac and I remember the day my doctor told me I had to go gluten free for my health and recall how overwhelmed I was. It seemed impossible expensive and limiting. But with Jennifer’s very concise and easy to read book it is easy and enjoyable plus Jennifer makes it motivating to want to follow. Also the fact Jennifer shows her reader how to save a lot of money is a true blessing. I look forward to implementing many of her tips myself!
This book is a fabulous resource for any Gluten Free person. Jennifer covers so many topics and has amazing tips. If you are looking for a way to help navigate living Gluten Free without busting your budget this is the book for you. I learned so much from this book!
Gluten has been keeping me swollen and sore for years. No more! Thank you Jennifer for this fantastic resource.